The purpose of the Climate Change pillar working group is to convene and develop a data community on climate change that can contribute to the broader data national ecosystem while taking into account the cross-cutting impact of climate change on other areas.
The data community will broadly articulate the role of development data in these area in line with the principles articulated in the proposed African Data Consensus and will provide the foundation for a more detailed review of common functions, services and capabilities to be developed and maintained within the broader national data ecosystem.
The objectives of this working group are:
- Acquire and synthesize climate change data for various application;
- Disseminate synthesised climate data to specific sector and stakeholders;
- Identify barriers to acquisition and sharing of climate data;
- Apply climate data for mobilization of resources to promote climate resilience-sustainable development;
- Strengthen institutional and human capacities to minimise impacts of climate change.