The Agriculture pillar working group will convene the data community specific to Agriculture as a key priority area as outlined by the MTPII and FY 2015/16 budget for the Republic of Kenya. The data community will broadly articulate the role of development data in Agriculture in line with the principles articulated in the proposed African Data Consensus.
The data community resulting from this thematic pillar will provide the foundation for a more detailed review of common functions, services and capabilities to be developed and maintained by the Agriculture Sector.
The working group’s objective’s are:
- To transform sectoral institutions to become process efficient and effective
- To increase productivity in both crops and livestock
- To evolve policies that are in tandem with current environmental setup and economic realities
- To evolve new approaches to make use of all our land resources in and out of season using appropriate water management technologies and approaches
- To improve market access for smallholders through better organizational driven value chain management